I am sure every working guy will surely relate to this!
There is no fixed time when your morning starts; it could start with the early morning client call which you take up from home before reaching office. Or it could even start when you reach home from your late night shift, working on your deliverable. If you are lucky then you might have no early morning client calls, with ample time to gulp your breakfast and reach your desk before your Lead.
Working all day in the AC and long client calls, might appear exiting, but it is not so for your throat. It is very likely that you face throat irritations, cold and dry cough often leading to throat congestion and pain due to sore throat. As a result you consume lozenges, candies (which are still there in your drawer) or gulp down hot coffee available at the nearest vending machine which provides relief to your scratching throat as well as keeps you awake.
A few things for you to consider:
- Know your cough and the reason behind the same:Cough due to Cold, or long calls over the phone or due to smoking are different and needs to be treated differently.
- Hot Tea/ Coffee: It is very common for people to drink water just after consuming hot tea/ coffee . But this often exaggerates the problem. However doing it other way round i.e. having tea after drinking water can be beneficial.
- Warm water: Drinking warm water or Soup is also a good way of soothing the inflammation in the throat.
- Sugar Lozenges:The lozenges or candies that you consume all day, actually does no good in the long run. It is strictly advised not to have more than 8 lozenges in a day. If you are trying to reduce your tummy fat, then sugar lozenges are strict NO. And as your mom always said eating sweet candies on a regular basis shall lead to formation of cavities and tooth decay.
- Yogi Kanthika : Try a Yogi Kanthika, easily available at a medicine store near you or online. It is 100% Ayurvedic, 0% sugar and it has a proven record of providing relief from throat ailment.
- Raw Ginger:One of the few things you can try at office is to chew raw ginger on and off throughout the day to reduce your cough. Very effective with no side effects.
- Lemon and Honey:Lemon juice with honey added in hot water makes a good cough syrup and if consumes empty stomach in the morning helps reduce Tummy Fat as well.